TUT Online Application happens yearly, and in which all qualified and interested candidates are required or called to apply for admission into the institution.
The application can be done offline and online; the online application is done on their official website www.tut.ac.za.
For old and new students, you may wish to login to the TUT ITS student portal.
About Tshwane University Of Technology
In South Africa, Tshwane University is one of the largest contacted universities, if not the largest self. It has seven faculties that offer programs in different areas such as the Faculty of Engineering and Technology, Faculty of Business and Management, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Humanities and Faculty of arts, and Faculty of science.
As a present student of Tshwane University, this portal (TUT ITS) is where you will see quick links for online registration, where you can get access to your student email, myTUTor, and the online library.
Tshwane University usually conducts its academic registration online. These are various steps you can follow in order to register online if your application proved successful
TUT campus is composed of six satellite campuses;
- And Polokwane.
The Faculty of Science and Arts, these two faculties have devoted campuses in the Pretoria city centre.
STUDENT Application 2023-2024
In terms of both race and gender, 60,000 students have enrolled in this new mega-institution. Its student body is known to be one of the most demographically diverse in the world, it represents the Rainbow Nation and all its diversity. With close up to 22% of residential communication students, TUT university is by far the largest residential higher education institution in Southern Africa.
As a present student of Tshwane University, this portal(TUT ITS) is where you will see quick links for online registration, where you can get access to your student email, mytutor, and the online library.
Tshwane University usually conducts its academic registration online. These are various steps you can follow in order to register online if your application proved successful.
TUT Application 2022 starts on 1st April to 30th September.
NSFAS 2022-2023 Application Guide
National Student Financial Aid Scheme(NFAS) can be daunting when done under stress or rush. If you want to avoid last-minute stress what you have to do is to prepare all the necessary documents in time because the normal application can be filled in under 30mins duration.
That’s why it is advisable to give yourself time in order to avoid any unnecessary mistakes when filling out the form, and mistakes do affect the outcome of your application.
The opening of NSFAS is mostly around the beginning of August and the close of September. So, if you know you want to apply to any public university /TVET college, these are most of the things you need to complete your application.
First of all, you have to have a myNSFAS personal online account and you can get that by going to the NSFAS application website to register. This account will give you access to the official offline application. You will see the “apply” tab click on it.
Once you have clicked on it you will need to download a consent form which will require you to provide necessary information about yourself and the employment of your parent/guardian. When you have signed the form then NSFAC can get the consent they need to verify all the details given to them.
Credentials Required for NSFAS Online Application
To apply for NSFAS there are documents that you necessarily need to provide, part of this document includes the consent form. These documents are a Matric certificate, Identity Document or Birth Certificate, Last Academic Results, Evidence of Parents’ Income(if parent/parents are employed), Death certificate/certificates(if parents are dead), and Doctors certificate(if permanently disabled).
Ps: NSFAS can decide to make changes in their application process, be sure to know about these changes. However, for now, these are the general process and documents needed when applying both manually(hard copy) and online.
Immediately you apply, endeavour to check your myNSFAS account constantly to track the status of your application or registration.
Online Application Requirements
To access the TUT Online Application System, Applicants should use the University Online Application system, if you want to apply to TUT using the Online Application system then you need to know the rules and regulations or Application Instructions concerning the University Online system.
These are the items you need, in order to complete the online application system
To apply online you need these documents:
- South African identification number(ID Number)
- If you are an international student, have a Passport Number
- Make sure your phone number is working and active, and also a real, valid email address
- Online Application Admission Requirements of Tshwane University of Technology
In order to be considered for admission, you must be up to the following general admission standards:
- Admission rules for individual programs can change consequently on a year-to-year base, all prospective students should have this in mind.
- All Applicants must have their senior certificate level of English, this is the minimal additional language of requirement; some programs do demand first or home language status.
- As the program differs, it has its own set of entry requirements
- Some programs demand students to take an admission test before entering, to know if they will be accepted into the program or be sent to enrol in a prerequisite course.
- Here are the few TUT’s minimum admission requirements and the recent NSC-result G’s format.
|Rating code||Rating marks|
|7||Superior achievement||80 -100|
|6||Worthy achievement||70 – 79|
|5||Satisfying degree achievement||60 – 69|
|4||Sufficient diploma achievement||50 – 59|
|3||Fair/reasonable foundation achievement||40 – 49|
|2||Simple achievement||30 – 39|
|1||Zero achievement||0 – 29|
Online Application Guide
Before you apply to the TUT Online Application system make sure you have the required items
- First of all make sure you have a valid email address, if you don’t have one, get it before applying at the site.
- You have to calculate our ApPS score first before applying.
- Make sure to finish the applications to avoid unnecessary delays.
- Each Applicant must present a certified copy of their identification number, while international students should present their Passports.
- None of these documents should be faxed by Applicants.
- Make sure you adhere to TUT’s further instructions and important upcoming information for the online application.
- Don’t forget it is required of you to write National Benchmark Tests(NBTs). If you want to know more about NBTs, search for NBTs.
Online Application, 2022 Highlight
Things to take note of:
- Your online application or fully completed application form should be valid and recent, that is it should not be more than one year.
- Copies of your original Identity Document(ID) and National certificate or any higher academic results must be at TUT before the specified closing dates.
- The administration fee should also be paid before the specified closing date.
Late Application Guide
Those who are in need of financial help must submit their files and applications on the NSFAS online application system. Applications are meant to start on 1st April and 30th September. The university of TUT can be applied in two ways which are: Application with paper (Application with hard copy) and application online (Online Application System).
First of all, you need an email address to finish the application, create an email address if you don’t have one
- Individuals from the country should see their identification number while foreigners will use their international passport
- Make sure you register for NBTs before you apply online
- You have to pay an application fee
- If you are in need of accommodation, make sure you specify it on your application form
- Don’t forget to check faculty-specific requirements before you apply
- NB, postgraduates applicants are only required to apply online
How to check your Application status
If you want to check your current 2022 status application, click on the link below, enter your full name or ID number and Birth date, and then click Submit.
You can also do this using the website https://www.tut.ac.za, then click on “check your admission status” under “Quick Links”. If you have queries regarding your application status, endeavour to contact the Admission office at 012-3825750/5780/4388 or check their email at Admission@tut.ac.za. 2022 – 2023 TUT Status Check.
Please click here, to register online(please ignore the Online Application block, it’s not relevant to Distance Education.) You will need the help of the internet to use the Online Application System as well as an email address you can be used frequently.
Status Check for 2022 Applicants
A fully completed application form and recently certified (certification should not be up to one year) different copies of your original identity document and National Senior Certificate, you may bring it or any other highest academic results, the Administration fee must reach TUT before the specified closing dates.
An R240 application fee is should be with you when bringing your application form. this money helps the administration to cover the cost they made in process of processing application forms. Please take note that It is non-refundable even if your application is denied.
Using this kind of application, applicants could get their application form from the University, either by hand to fill, or send post for admission.
Applicants that want to use this application procedure, can reach the institution using the following steps and information.
You can contact them using the Tshwane University of Technology Contact Center.
Telephone number: 086 110 2421
Tshwane University of Technology email: General@tut.ac.za
SMS Number: 30655
If you don’t want to reach their Contact Center, you can actually follow the other procedures
Candidates that want to apply can apply by filling out a Hardcopy Application Form and using one of the following ways to get it to the school.
You can either post it to
The Tshwane University of Technology,
Private Bag X680,
Or deliver it by hand, you can deliver it by hand through these steps:
Go to the Central Admission Office
How to Apply for Admission Offline
Their electronic application form can be downloaded using the TUT website at www.tut.ac.za
- Fill in all the needed information, to the best of your capability
- Arrange and submit to the TUT admission office any important supporting papers
- In d form, you will see a section where the school headmaster will sign his name, please leave the space blank
- Receipt of your application form evidence will be processed and then forwarded to the admission department for verification and acceptance into the school